Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Last Week Post 2

What concept/s in this class have you found most interesting? What was it about that concept/s that you found interesting?

There were so many chapters in this book that I really enjoyed reading and learning from. One of the chapters that I enjoyed overall was chapter 11. I liked reading about on pg 306 about Cultivation theory. Cultivation theory to summarize is taking a televisions perception of the world as being accurate to the way the world really is. I stopped after I read this and asked myself do I fall into the cultivation trap? I the answer is yes I do.

I am a hopeless romantic and anytime there is a new chick flick coming to the theatres such as the Holiday or the Notebook I have to go see it. When I watch these romantic comedies I am taken into a make believe world where every story has a happy ending and the girl will always end up with the man of her dreams. I know that I tend to think this way. I want everyday in my fiance's relationship and mine to be happy. I don't want to fight and I definitely don't want to ever admit that I'm wrong. I also have high expectations where I want him to take me to do nice things and for him to buy me nice things. I know it is not all wrong to want these things but to expect them isn't realistic and it isn't fair. The cultivation theory was proven true in my life.

No comments: