Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Last Week

· (Regarding Chapter 13) Which of the research methods listed in Table 13.3 seem the most interesting? Assume you want to study some aspect of deception. Frame a research question. Which method would you choose to answer the question. Why?

I was completely fascinated by the ethnography study in table 13.3. I myself being one of five children have always been very nosey. I am second in line and the first four children are girls. We always know everything about everyone. We are our own little gossip circle. Well anyways, I have always loved people watching and eavesdropping.

There are times when I will just got to food court at Oak ridge mall and just observe people. It is fascinated the way people interact naturally when they don't realize people are watching them. My favorite time to people watch is when I am in culture other then my own.

This last summer I had the opportunity to study in London. It was the best experience of my life truly I loved every second I was there. My favorite thing to do while I was there is I would grab a book and hop on the tube to Covent Garden. There was a little cafe that had the best chocolate muffins and so I would order that and a latte and just read. I would read and also watch people. I would see some of the same people every week. One old lady would always stand outside the cafe trying to sell roses. It was fun to observe people and see similar faces because it made me feel like I knew them. I would love to be part of ethnography study. Especially if I was getting paid because then I would be getting paid for something I already enjoy doing.

1 comment:

Persiangirl said...

Reese- I completely agree with ethnography being the most interesting. I immediately connected to what you were saying when you said you watch people at Oakridge Mall. Like you I am also a very nosey person even to the point of where I like people watching at 7-11. So many interesting people go there if you ever pay attention when you get something and sit in your car for a minute before you go and watch their interactions. I feel as though ethnography is the most interesting for the fact that it isn’t the typical research method you would think of when someone would say they were going to study a topic but for that reason I like it.