Saturday, October 11, 2008

Week 7 Post 3

I absolutely loved reading chapter five. Learning about nonverbal communication opened up my eyes to so many things. I really found so much of the information in this chapter to be profound and important. For example, I learned that I am an externalizer when it comes to my emotion and it is very difficult for me to keep things bottled up. My best friends Chrisitna is an internalizer. The reason I know she is an inernalizer is because she doesn't want to burden people with her problems and she has to deal with other peoples drama all the time. Christina lives in a soreity house with like 50 other girls and they all come to her with their problems. Unfortanetly she doesnt really have people who will listen to her when she needs help because I don't live in LA.

Tonight was a really big break through because she was able to let go months worth of emotion. All day long our communication was not clear because her words were saying one thing and her body, facial displays, eye behaivor, and tone were saying something comprelty different. She was trying to deintensify what she was feeling on the inside by what her bidy was doing on the outside. However, by being her best friend for the past 13 years I have know when she is lying to me.

I am glad that I had to read this chapter before coming down to LA to see her. By reviewing the importantce of non verbal communication I was much more prepared to deal with the issues that came up.

No comments: